Thursday, January 23, 2014

Recently

Now, I realize that the last time I posted was almost three years ago. Suffice it to say that a lot has happened since then. Many of these important events can be found on the much more comprehensive thedoublestitch.blogspot.com. However, exploring that blog about a week ago, I found out that -- hey! -- I have my own, which I do believe had slipped my mind for, oh, at least a year. I'd like to start this post, then, with an apology (the term start being used here very loosely -- by the time the apology is actually written, I predict at least five preceding lines of text on this composition screen.)
I apologize for any inconvenience, heartache, or boredom that may or may not have been caused by my failure to update this blog. Hopefully, I'll end up being more diligent. Who knows? I'm not making any promises, but at least I've remembered that this webpage exists.
Now, a recap about me:
As of the writing of this post, I am (still) named Ian Hyrum Goodwin, if anyone who wanted to know, didn't. I am 13 years old and go to HB DuPont Middle School in Delaware, where I take 8th grade. I live in Delaware, too. I am a proud member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, as well as a Boy Scout of America. I have been playing the trombone for five years and the piano for eight, although not as officially or intelligently, and I've only been taking paid lessons for two years. I like fantasy games like Magic: the Gathering and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (which is a lot like Dungeons and Dragons) as well as a whole lot of other games and variations. I like to read, and am writing several books or stories, although only one or two seriously.

In the past three years, several important things have happened. While I'm not going to tell you all of them, some of the more public happenings are, not in any particular order besides the order in which I thought of them:
I have been accepted into the Delaware All-State Jr. Band twice.
I have (woo-hoo!) been ordained to the office of Deacon in the church, and recieved the holy Priesthood of God with that ordination. See http://mormon.org/faq/purpose-of-priesthood. I am currently a First Class Boy Scout and am awaiting a Scoutmaster Conference and Board of Review to advance to Star Scout. I've graduated from elementary school and am in the final grade of middle school (a slight variation on junior high, consisting of grades 6-8.) I had an absolutely amazing twelfth birthday party For the details, let me direct you to http://karrotsoup.blogspot.com/2012/05/harry-potter.html, a narration by my wonderful mother.
I'm likely to remember more, but that's all for now. Cheers! Have a nice day!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment